You can now obtain an e-PAN card for free. Wherever normal PAN submission is required, E PAN will be accepted.
Now, no transaction can be completed without a PAN card. PAN is required for everything from paying income tax to opening a bank account and thinking about buying gold. It is now very simple to obtain a PAN card without completing a lengthy application form and, if you have Aadhaar, without submitting any other documents.
1) Visit www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal website
2) Select 'Instant E-PAN'
3) Select 'Get New E-PAN' Link
4) Type the Aadhaar number in use (It should not have been previously linked to another pan)
5) Enter the OTP coming to the mobile connected to Aadhaar
6) Make sure the Aadhaar information is correct
7) Make sure the correct email address is given
8) You will get an E-PAN receipt number
9) You can download E-PAN soon
10) There is no fee for obtaining an e-PAN. E-PAN will be accepted at all places where normal PAN has to be submitted.